You probably know that the first seconds of your presentation are vital. In those seconds you have an opportunity to make an impression that will stay with your audience long after the speech is finished and you have all left the room. Yes … that important! So the next piece of advice from most writers […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Bronwyn contributed a whooping 995 entries.
Entries by Bronwyn
It has always been a challenge to maintain the view that the customer is always right – not just in speaking, but in business especially. It can try the most patient and accommodating business owner or customer service professional. But if we can achieve it, maintain that view, go into our speaking with […]
One of the secrets of great speakers is their use of time. They know that if they have been given a time limit for their speech or presentation, that they will stick to that. Why? There are four very good reasons for us all to do the same, if we want to be successful. Sticking […]
Be the best. You. The best. Successful, yes. Getting results, yes. Feeling good about your speaking – in flow, connecting, feeling the power. The best. Most famous. Most recognised. Admired, hired, applauded, discussed at conference mealtimes, quoted. The best. Better than … who … Tony Robbins, the Dalai Lama? Better than … Seth Godin, […]
“People will forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” (Maya Angelou) Truer words in speaking have never been said. My wife drives a Lexus. I’m not saying that to brag, but to prove a point. When we were car shopping, we saw cheaper vehicles […]
“People think I can teach them style. What stuff it all is! Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can. That is the only secret of style.” — Matthew Arnold
A powerful way to master every performance in your career and life, from presentations and sales pitches to interviews and tough conversations, drawing on the methods the author applied as a working actor and has honed over a decade of coaching salespeople, marketers, managers, and business owners Every day there are moments when you must […]
Who cares? Do you? Does your audience? What about your speaking success? Do you care about that? If you care about being successful, you are going to have to consider your audience. Success is all about them. Consider your audience if you want to be successful. Show them you care. They have to feel that […]
How can we learn to become public speakers? How do we learn public speaking? Formal education. I have post graduate qualifications. Most of the time that I was studying I had no idea what good it would do me, and at times I had no idea what I would do with it. And those two […]
We fit in. We fit in with society, with our families, with our peers. From a very young age, and from way back in the mists of history, we have been shepherded by our families, our tribe, our peers into conforming. There was a time, and perhaps there are still times, when our very survival […]
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
FREE: 30 Speaking Tips
30 weeks from now, you could be well on the way to being ....
Confident - Admired - Successful - Rehired
Join now, and receive a tip per week over 30 weeks.
- Does public speaking give you a nervous rash? Here’s how to cure it About that rash ... Yes that rash … the one you were telling me about at the networking meeting. “Oh public speaking,” you said, “I ...
- [Public Speaking Quotation] The success of your presentation "The success of your presentation will be judged not by the knowledge you send but by what the listener receives." -- Lilly Walters
- [Quotation about public speaking] The success of your presentation depends on more than your knowledge
- [Quotation about Public Speaking] No audience ever complained … “No audience ever complained about a presentation or speech being too short” ― Stephen Keague, The Little Red Handbook of Public Speaking and Presenting
- self-expression Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment. Pearl S. Buck ... and of course every speech or presentation is communication - hopefully even a conversation. ...